Light and delicious carbonara recipe with no cream!
Spaghetti alla CarbonaraLight and delicious carbonara recipe with no cream!Nadine
Black pepper, freshly ground
- In a large pot, boil water for the pasta. Generously add salt and olive oil. Once the water is boiling, add the spaghetti and cook for about 8 - 9 minutes (or until al dente).
- While the pasta is cooking, fry the pancetta until crispy. Remove the pancetta and set aside, while leaving the oil in the pan.
- Crack the 2 eggs in a small bowl and add 3/4 cup parmesan cheese. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Once the spaghetti is done, remove it from the water and place into the frying pan with the pancetta oil. Toss for one minute to coat the spaghetti in the oil. Make sure the heat is OFF.
- Then add the egg and parmesan mixture to the pan. Also add about a half cup of the pasta water to the pan. The heat should still be off, otherwise the egg will scramble. Mix thoroughly to ensure that the pasta is coasted with the sauce.
- Serve immediately and top with the crispy pancetta, freshly ground black pepper, and parmesan cheese.